Christina Simos

Christina Simos
Say what again . . .

Monday, March 14, 2011

13 days . . .

The Universe is a truly beautiful thing. Yesterday my panties were in a ruffle because I didn't know how I was going to take care of all the commitments I have. Today, help arrived. My mentor said she'd help me edit my website pages. Pepper Jay and John Michael Ferrari showed me in 45 minutes how to fix my voice. It's crazy. They gave me simple, minor adjustments to make that I've been trying to do for quite awhile with a very small measure of success. It seems so elementary now.

This doesn't happen without me asking for help. I used to think asking for help was a sign of weakness but since I figured out that I wasn't Omnipotent, asking for help has actually helped me to grow immensely. It takes my unneeded ego out of the picture and allows for my heart center to expand.

I worked on my music today the way I wanted to. I am forever self-conscious because my man and I work together out of the house. We also have neighbors and I don't want them to hear me sounding off when I'm working out my songs. I can't really afford to care about what they think though because at the end of the day - none of them can sign me to a contract, give me the exposure I need or pay my damn bills.

I know what I need to do and I'm unstoppable right now. I did have another piece of chocolate cake though. Argghhhh. I told myself Monday was the day to cut everything out but the cake was here when I got home and it said I must not waste the cake. So I didn't.

In other news, the school my son is going to sent me a letter today telling me that Zander can stay at the school for about way more than we can afford. They want $1000 by April 15th and $800 a month after. I want to pay it but we don't have that. I don't know what that means but somethings gotta give soon. I can't even begin to think about putting Zander back into LAUSD. I guess I'm going to be giving that over as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment